beginnings.

The revolution began in me tonight.
and im hesitant to say anymore until i have action that backs such a statement. 
but these next lines are where i am at... & where i am headed. 
And as i have begun, 
i hope my speaking has awoken what's within//


Is my living a worthy response?
I fear that it's not. 
My heart aches in saying so, 
but in doing may I awaken.
I am too caught up, 
too taken by an inner want to be the focus of everyone elses attention. 
If my heart were revealed in moments of 
ministry, leadership and life 
an ugly pride would shine. 

"I am not the master builder; I am a worker."
Lord help me accept, and find joy in this reality. This truth. This love.
It is only by your grace that I stand, 
but how quickly I forget your voice & remember my own.
This grace is the thread in which eternity is strung. 
Let not my mind, & even more so my heart, 
be lost in a world so self consumed.
I am here but for one reason. 
To know him & make him known. 
That is what it all comes down to... 
& the first, the self I've got. 
I know him & I've taken care of me. Typical! 
But where's my doing, saying, living so that the lord our saviour is spread, understood & embraced. 
What is my life if not this?

Too respond.
Help me lord, 
Have more than words to say
& more than intentions at hand.
Each day has never been before. 
It brings new light, 
new breathe, 
new sight, 
new conversation,
& new moments
for me to be found in humility & obediance. 
Let the wonder of your love flow from us to them: 
my family, my friends, & my world.
There is no method or technique that will bring me a "Succesful Christian life"
rather only a choice 
to be loved and to love with all that I am.

With all that I am is my deception every time. 
I assume that because I do as those around me have done that I've achieved. 
Let my measure not be the preacher, the missionary or my brother. 
Only one is the true measure of my love. 
Jesus Christ... 
And a life of genuine, authentic 
love is found in & through him alone. 
As I start to look at him, i begin to find im looking at this world as I should.

Let each day begin and end with love: my worthy response!

0 comments: